Pros and Cons of Glass Garage Doors
It’s almost impossible to go for another type of door once you’ve landed your eyes on Glass Garage Doors. They’re stylish, classy, and match almost everybody’s standard well. It’s not that regular glass doors are not as appealing as Glass Garage Doors, but the look that Glass Garage Doors add to your home is almost incomparable. But wait, it’s not all about looks, or is it? Here’s a list of all Pros and Cons to keep in check before deciding to install glass doors at your home.
1) The biggest Pro of a glass door is that the natural light passes through it. It’s comparatively more difficult to work when it’s a dark space, and garages often need good natural light. A mirror, frosted, or tinted glass allows enough light to work efficiently while ensuring privacy.
2) Choices of design are yet another Pro for installing Glass garage doors. Even though glass doors seem appealing without designs, you can check out the versatility it offers.
3) Another feature to note down would be the appeal that glass doors carry. It is beneficial in case you ever need to resell the property. If you’ve got a front-facing garage with glass doors, it could prove to be one of the most prominent and noticeable features of your home. Added with the indoor lighting that highlights the glass door feature, your garage will add a “wow” factor to your home’s aesthetic.
1) The cost might be one unignorable Con of installing glass doors to your garage. Even though the amount might vary as per the choice and another type you’re comparing to, it will still be about twice as costlier than most of the doors you could probably install. The reason for high costs is the complex manufacturing process involved in building glass doors.
2) You can always count insulation to be one of the most noticeable Cons of glass doors. Even though you can add tint or mirror finish to the glass doors to minimize the insulation effect, they can still be undesirable depending on your climate.
3) You will probably need to be about 100 times more careful with glass doors compared to other types of doors since they can break easily. Moreover, glass doors require constant cleaning because the dust is more evident on glass than wood or other door materials.
Want to install a new garage door? Give us a call and make a booking with the best garage door service providers in your city now!